Saturday 3 October 2015

worldview I

Hello everyone, its been a while for like three months and no news from me. Well what can i say, just like the picture says life really depends on the way you look at it. First i must sincerely apologize for the last three month, i know many of you have been expecting to hear from me. I will share a little story of what transpired resulting in the absence all this while and the lessons i got to learn from it all.
      On the 10th of July, that was on a Friday, it rained that day but i still had to go to school.While in school i met a young man who seemed broken and out of placed. He looked rather tattered like he needed help. Of course i knew this person cause we once lived in the same compound some years ago when we were much younger. He approached me and told me he needed financial assistance and that he was hungry and so many other things he said. I had compassion on him just like our Lord Jesus Christ would. I took him to where he ate and gave him some money.
     After that he appealed to use my phone to make call, which i did gave him. With confidence and trust, i left the phone with him to answer a call form a senior counsel in school. On my coming back, i didn't find the young man and my phone. I tried calling the line, he offed the phone. This incident occurred on the 10th of July, so on the 11th of July being my birthday by the way, i went to see his parents and i reported the matter to them. They were all in tears saying that there was a misunderstanding in the house concerning money on the said 10th and the young man angrily dashed out of the house that morning without trace. Since that day till today, no one has heard from him.
    My fear is whether he is died or alive at least he should show himself. Anyway, the incident made me wonder whether the concept that people has newly decided to embrace is correct. This being that no one should do good to people because they will always return your good gesture with negative or bad attitudes. Well i must confess, when this incident occurred i almost embraced it, i mean i gave him money, fed him and all that but all he could do is to steal my phone, come all it really did hurt.
So i understand the point where most of us are coming from but lets not forget that there is more to our self and this world than that we actually see. Besides as a christian that has eternity in view, its a time to go back to your Creator God to know what he has to say about this matter. Its not every worldview concept that a believer should embrace, there is more. Besides the ways of God are not the ways of men, likewise the ways of the kingdom are not the ways of the world and we are followers of Jesus Christ.
      When what happened occurred, i made up my mind not to help anybody again especially those close to me and the aftermath of such a resolution was that the blessings i was suppose to get that period ( the period my pastor, Pastor David Ogbueli was dealing on service and ministry especially the giving ministry) i missed them all just because of something that i now refer to as insignificant. sometimes the devil uses some of these things to make you loss focus from the kingdom. My head was cleared the day my pastor said "just keep giving, it  doesn't matter whether the person is deceiving you or not, the person will face God's judgement while you will receive God's blessing"
     If you read the book of Matthew chapter 5 verse 42, the bible now gave the finally verdict by saying: "GIVE TO HIM THAT ASKETH THEE, AND FROM HIM THAT WOULD BORROW OF THEE TURN NOT THOU AWAY". let us all once again sit down and let go of some of those things that has happened to us to have made us embrace the worldview of caring for people and embrace the kingdom concept again. for in the verse 48 of chapter 5 of Matthew, the word said we should be perfect as our father in heaven is perfect.
       

     GOD BLESS YOU ALL AS YOU DO THIS. I LOVE YOU ALL.




You can drop your comments or contributions.

No comments:

Post a Comment